In our last post, we talked about how custom logo mats can help with publicising and reinforcing your brand. In this post, we would like to help you understand different kinds of custom logo mats—their materials, their construction, their advantages, and their limitations—information that will prove to be pertinent and useful when you decide to purchase a custom logo mat.
We stock a variety of indoor custom mats and outdoor custom floor mats. They come in a wide range of styles, types, and sizes that will work with your requirements in terms of style, usage, and budget. The right logo mat will present your brand beautifully, will be perfect for the design you have in mind, and will efficiently do the job it was intended for—keep your premises clean.
Mat Supplier Group stocks 2 broad types of custom logo mats—Inlaid and Printed. Read on to know all about their features, their benefits, and their limitations.
INLAID CUSTOM LOGO MAT
The inlay process involves cutting parts of a design out of different coloured materials, fitting them all together according to your design, and bonding all the pieces to a rubber backing. The result is a luxuriant and long-lasting mat.
How does it work?
- You send us the design of your choice.
- A design template is created. This is placed on a base mat and with a precision cutting machine, we manually cut elements of the design such as shapes, alphabets etc. out of the base mat.
- Various elements are then cut out from different coloured mats of the same material as per your design. These cut elements are inlaid back into the base mat in the relevant places. Finally, all parts—elements as well as the base mat—are bonded together to a reinforced rubber backing.
Almost all custom logo mats use solution-dyed polypropylene material. You cannot print on this material, making it perfect for use in inlaid logo mats. The inlay process can also be carried out using other materials such as coir. What’s important is that the mats have a sturdy backing. Dura Nop Inlaid Logo Mat is a good example of an inlaid mat.
- Polypropylene fibers are solution dyed before weaving. As a result, the dyes go into the substrate of the mat, giving you a UV stabilized, fade-resistant entrance mat.
- These mats are highly resistant to mold and mildew, giving you a hygienic product.
- You get a much higher quality mat, with beautiful designs.
- These mats are long lasting, tough, durable, and efficient.
- Durability and non-slip properties make this a perfect logo mat for outdoor commercial applications.
- The mats effectively remove tough dirt, grime, and water from shoe soles.
- Inlaying a logo mat is a highly manual and labour-intensive process, and this pushes up the price of these mats.
- There are higher artwork restrictions, as various elements of the design have to be cut and put together. There has to be a minimum line thickness of 3/8 inch and 3/4-inch line spacing between colours. If your design is complicated and requires a lot of detailing, then an inlaid logo mat would not be a good choice for you.
- It is impossible to get gradients, tints, screens, and transparencies on these mats, which further restricts the kind of design you can get made.
PRINTED CUSTOM LOGO MATS
Printed logo mats are ideal for promoting your brand and work effectively as heavy-duty floor mats that display your logo with stunning sharpness and clarity. There are different kinds of printed logo mats.
Stencil Print Custom Logo Mats
These are made using coir mats. We use the design you send to make a stencil using a specialized machine. This stencil is then placed over the coco mat and sprayed with a specially formulated spray dye. With Custom Logo Coco Mats, you can choose the size as well as customize the mat with your logo.
- The specially formulated spray dye goes deep into the mat between the fibers to give longer lasting colour.
- Mats are economical and have a fast turnaround time of 3-5 days.
Digitally Printed Custom Logo Mats
Digitally printed logo mats display your logo and images in sharp, clear, and vivid detail. In these mats, the logo or image is printed directly onto the mat’s surface using a chromojet digital printer. Colors are permanently dyed onto the nylon carpet. In this kind of mat, it is very easy to reproduce fine details and shading, and print 3 dimensional images.
Digitally Printed HD Custom Logo Mats
If your design demands that high-quality images are printed on your mat, digitally printed HD logo mats are the right solution for you. The mat is printed using a “High Definition” four-color process digital printer. These mats have refined nylon fibers that are denser and have an even surface that gives a sharper print. The ‘Pantone Matching’ ability of the Digital Print HD gives you the choice of unlimited color combinations.
- You get a custom logo mat with great photographic quality.
- This option is great for designs requiring multiple colors. The digital print uses up to 28 colors and the digital print HD gives 10 times more resolution and has pantone matching giving unlimited color options.
- This mat uses refined nylon fibers that supports sharp, crisp, printing of detailed images. The nylon fibers are also great for long-term wiping action.
- Fading, shading, and fine lines are all possible to create on this mat.
- This provides a cost-effective process for bulk orders. If you are ordering several pieces, the printing machine needs to be set up just once.
- With very few design limitations, the mat matches up colors and prints well.
- Since images are permanently dyed directly into the mat, the colors will not wear off over time.
- These mats are not a very cost-effective option if you are looking at a one-time print only.
- The material used in mat is not UV stabilized and, therefore, the colours will fade if placed under direct sunlight.
- This option is recommended only for indoor use***
Digi Print Logo Mats are a great example of digitally printed logo mats.
*** If you are looking for the same photo quality of a digitally printed logo mat but for outdoor use, then you may want to look at Clean Step Logo Scraper Mats. These mats are made from nitrile rubber instead of nylon fiber. A Thermo-plastic Vinyl film with your design is digitally printed onto the top surface of the mat. You get the advantages of a digitally printed mat with great quality images. However, since these mats are made from rubber, they are more resilient and are durable enough to be used in high traffic outdoor and indoor areas.
We hope that this post has provided you with all the information you need in order to decide which type of custom logo mat is right for your business. We stock a wide range of custom logo mats to suit a variety of requirements and budgets. Should you still have a query or need further assistance, please write in to us on email@example.com or call us on 866-362-2053.